The Role: The CNC Mill Machinist sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, CNC, and Numerical Control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties. This role aims to help make Faith Manufacturing operations run efficiently. This individual should have the ability to work as a team, make decisions about the parts they are handling, and work closely with their supervisor to ensure the proper handling of parts and job duties. Being a friendly, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills is necessary for this role.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify machine settings or programmed control data accuracy.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Maintain production efficiency levels
- Must be able to understand basic CNC machines.
- Edit programs for speed.
- Must support other operators, maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment to like new appearance, according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Must understand customers’ detailed drawings and notify engineers of capability issues.
- Communicate, support, and reinforce the values of the organization professionally.
- Work in a team environment and be supportive of all company initiatives
- Maintain a safe and organized work area
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Numerical control machining skills experience.
- Between 1 + years of CNC machine tool Programming & Operating experience
- Must be safety minded and be able to follow safety guidelines
- Must be able to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with people and follow verbal and written instructions
Work Type: Full-time- First and Second Shifts Available
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance